Some people (like I used to believe when I was a kid) wish for riches but would not do what it takes to get rich. These words keep echoing to my head every time I am at crossroads with life decisions – “If it has to be, it is up to me” (If I want to get rich, I must work hard to become rich). I cannot recall where I saw this post but I know I copied it from somewhere (possibly a friend’s facebook post or blog, I still cannot recall). It is worth sharing because it tells me not to be lazy or carefree with my resources. Enjoy it and learn along the line.
1. Never wake up early.
Keep stretching & turning in bed until you get too hungry to continue dozing. If there are no bedbugs, why hurry to get up?
2. Never plan how to spend your money.
Whenever you get money, start spending it right away and when it’s finished, you try to count and recall how you spent it.
3. Don’t think of saving until you have real big money.
How can you save when you earn so little?? Those telling you to save are not sympathetic to your burning needs.
4. Don’t engage in activities usually reserved for the “uneducated“.
How can you a [well school, high-class] graduate engage in petty trade or home based production?? That’s for people who never went to school.
5. Don’t think of starting a business until an angel comes from heaven & give YOU capital.
How do they expect YOU to invest before YOU get millions of dollars?? Even though more than half the businesses in your town were started with a few hundred dollar, you as a smart person can only start with millions.
6. Complain about everything expect your own attitude.
Blame the system the government & the banks that refuse to lend you money. They are all bad & do not want you to get rich.
7. Spend more than you earn.
To achieve this, buy consumer product on credit & keep borrowing from friends & employers.
8. Compete in dressing.
Make sure you wear the latest clothes among all workers in your offer. Whenever your neighbor buys a new phone, you get one that is more expensive.
9. Get yourself a nice second hand car that costs more than three times your gross monthly pay.
10. Give your children everything they ask for since you’re such a loving parent.
They should not struggle for anything because you do not want them to suffer that
way, they will grow up lazy & hence poor enough to ensure they can’t help you in old age.
Chase poverty away, embrace riches…
- Funny How The Poor Try To Help The Poor (anonymousrealthoughts.wordpress.com)
- I am a human, not a machine, I have a thought. (themostcoolblog.wordpress.com)
- 10 excuses people use to stay poor (growupproper.wordpress.com)
- Daily habits of the rich (bankrate.com)
- Money: The Attitude You Need to Be Really Rich and Successful by Raphael Ojigbede (goldenmindsnigeria.org)
- Savings investing retirement (momofmadria.wordpress.com)
- How To Be Rich in Your 20s (lostgenygirl.com)
- What are the 5 most important money lessons I’ve learned so far? (pacesetter.me)
- Why Most People Retire Poor Infographic (mortgageguypei.wordpress.com)